Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2016/17 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dumping here since the middle of the night, usually happens after everything closes 😃 Was going down to Grenoble but friend just rang she has a bad back, didn't really fancy the drive tbh.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had huge storms and torrential rain here last couple of days, due to continue but worst over. Not much fun in resort but freezing level is pretty low, less than 2000m. Good news for summer skiing which starts in 6 weeks (earlier for race teams).
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went for a hike up to the top of Vallée Blanche yesterday, 2100m. Could clearly see that it's still possible to ski down Crête, this was confirmed by friends who drove up there, skinned up to the glacier and skied back down. Lovely warm sunny day same again today.

snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit of a hike here yesterday, 14km/700m. Lovely but my knees are suffering today.

Spent the weekend a bit further afield in Annecy at a friends. Really busy up there. Lake Saturday​ and a rando Sunday with 15 of her family and friends followed by the most enormous 5 course lunch in a mountains resto.

ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Claude B, heads up for you.

As I was riding yesterday saw various signs advising of road closures for next Sat for the Criterium du Dauphine - and on checking the route will have to make the trip over as they're going to be climbing up to ADH but via the Sarenne.

Should be really good (weather allowing) as will not be too rammed, especially with feckin camper vans as they will not be allowed up there.

http://www.letour.fr/criterium-du-dauphine/2017/us/stage-7.html
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, Unfortunately I'm heading to Croatia next weekend so will miss it 😕 Mate has got us VIP tickets though for TdF over your way next month.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, not too sure where I'm going to watch the stage that finishes here, might go up to the Galibier on the MTB on the old trail as I can then avoid the roads. And then the next day the Izoard will be rammed, and that might be the stage to watch on TV.

I'm doing the Etape anyway so will have had my fill of the Izoard as I'll probably be doing a couple of training rides up it rolling eyes
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, My mate worked for Cav's team last year and has VIP tickets for the finish in Monetier and start in Briancon the next day. Won't see them struggling up the climbs but mingling with them should be cool 😁
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, finish is here in La Salle, Villeneuve, opposite the Frejus Gondola and Frejus Hotel.

Evidently we're hosting a party afterwards on our terrace rolling eyes
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Weathercam, Very Happy
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just waving a hand to say thanks for the constant updates and info on this thread. Pretty sure we're about to book for Christmas week so please keep up the commentary!

Jess.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BigSouthernJesse, No problem I'll start a 2017/18 thread ready for Toussaint. Open then for 10 days prior to the winter season starting on 2nd December.

Just a taste of the sort of crazy things done here in summer. I watch these guys from my balcony, madness 😯

http://youtube.com/v/pvand7EkxEQ
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very wet and cold in resort yesterday, torrential rain for much of the afternoon. Obviously snowing higher and once the cloud cleared .... Very Happy

The magnificent Muzelle just before sunset.

And this morning looking towards Diable, snowline about 2150m at a guess.

Both shots taken from my balcony, the view's not too shabby Very Happy

Was talking to a guy last night who'd been working on the glacier this week. He said that it was already looking much healthier and yesterday's snow would have helped even more. Snow cannons are being put up there and will start running in early October in time for opening again for 10 days at Toussaint.
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heavy rain during the night which woke me as it hammered on the roof. As it became light could see it was snow above about 2100m. Quite a bit more due this week.
snow conditions     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Love those photos that show the green fading into the snowline
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy