Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2016/2017: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Funny even a day out the forecasts can't seem to agree if it will snow tomorrow or not
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dan100 wrote:
The new Jerusalem .... is not a patch on the old.

I think they have just added a new alternative easier start, which then joins the old run part way down. And since the lower part of the old run was always easier than the upper part, it is regraded as blue. The old start is still red and pretty much unchanged. And there is now an extension below Verdet down to Biolley.

So if you want the "old run" just ski the red upper part and then turn off on to Verdet. Smile
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, who's out there and what's the verdict- nothing, snow, rain??
Arrive tomorrow!
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm here now.

Raining up to 2100 metres, but not too heavy at least.

Lower runs taking a pasting, can see a good few being closed this week. Still good skiing up higher though. Really mixed forecast this week!
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Raining in le praz. Skied till one today and decided it was time to stop due to a combination of poor light and porridge snow. Having skied well all week, everything was going to pot so decided an early finish with a nice burger and a bottle of red wine before the rugby was the way to go. We've had 5 amazing days skiing , with one day slightly marred by my friend dislocating his shoulder on saluire after hitting a rock. Only stopped him skiing one day - idiot Toofy Grin . Today was a slightly drab end , though there may be some nice snow on the top of saluire.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dan100 wrote:
Raining in le praz. Skied till one today and decided it was time to stop due to a combination of poor light and porridge snow. Having skied well all week, everything was going to pot so decided an early finish with a nice burger and a bottle of red wine before the rugby was the way to go. We've had 5 amazing days skiing , with one day slightly marred by my friend dislocating his shoulder on saluire after hitting a rock. Only stopped him skiing one day - idiot Toofy Grin . Today was a slightly drab end , though there may be some nice snow on the top of saluire.

There's a quote! Toofy Grin

Come on Ireland!!
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had skied 62km by then. He managed to ski from the avalanche point on saluire to 1850 to avoid going down in a body bag.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems like he had read and understood rule five!
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there even any reason to get up tomorrow morning for skiing (or the rest of the week)? So warm and high fl! Sad
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
staffsan wrote:
Is there even any reason to get up tomorrow morning for skiing (or the rest of the week)? So warm and high fl! Sad

Yes, it's late March.
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any advice for decent places to head to in the Three Valleys at the moment? (and where to be at what time of day?!) We're based in Les Menuires.

Got out at lunchtime today and didn't find much in the Les Menuires area that wasn't slushy and chopped up. Across towards Mottaret, the Campagnol run down from Mont du Vallon was reasonable (although with an alarming number of rocks in the middle of the piste in the top section!)

Tomorrow looks to be even warmer...

All advice very gratefully received!
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Head up to val Thorens. Snow was great last week. The Saluire runs Courchevel side were lovely bar Creux far too busy, though the runs bs k down to Maribel will be slushy depending on the time you leave. Runs in 1650 were nice at th beginning of the week.

Nearer to home the runs in the Masses sector were great. Also Cote Brune. Weren't impressed with Mt Vallon this time. Very busy and not well pisted.

You can ski over to Val Thorens very easily and thst should keep you occupied.

Enjoy the week. We had a great time. Remember skiing in the cloud and rain is no fun. Enjoy the sunshine.
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @dan100! We skied VT today and indeed the snow was good and the sun was glorious! (Also I took some wider skis which seemed to make the slushier stuff more tolerable.) We left it rather late to get back to Les Menuires via bd. Cumin, and were grateful to the Doron lift operator who let us on after they'd officially closed....
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi. Any more info on the snow conditions? I'm considering going to Val T on saturday for a weeks skiing with UCPA by myself, but don't know if it's worth it, if the snow conditions are not good. I've noticed the last couple of days in general have been pretty hot in the alps. The trip will cost about £800 including almost everything.

Thanks!
latest report     
VT snow is decent, rest of 3 valleys is questionable
snow report     
@Bülow: Skiing is better than not skiing, and you'd find some decent snow to ski on in VT. It has indeed been hot for a while, although cooler today. At lower levels things are a bit ugly at this point. It looks to be colder next week, whether new snow falls or not. But if you're wanting to experience the Three Valleys at their best, it might not be the time.
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy