Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@johnE, Its a rarity but if there is any leftover baguette they are very partial to it.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@johnE, not especially no. Just wanted to make sure we were sorted before going this year, that is all.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wednesday 15 March. An easier day, but still a nice route with very mixed snow conditions.

Started from Arc 1600 later than normal and arrived at the Vanoise Express to fiind a large queue. When we finally got across we were then delayed again by the chair stopping for a while. Made a detour and headed up the tow then Belle Plagne and finally the top of the Bellecote.

Took a route down the Bellecote bowl as a warm up and found a few jumps before heading over to have a look at the North Face. Very tracked in most places so headed down the Friolin Bowl. Some nice spring snow mixed in with crud, but still OK to ski. Found yet more jumps and stopped for a picnic.

Then down through the meadows and track out to the chair. Back up the chairs and headed for Les Arcs.

Busy on the lifts on the way back, but after another fast piste ski we arrived at Arc 1600 and home.

All the pistes which we used today were still in good conditions with soft spring snow on a firm base.

The Off Piste was very mixed, but still worth the effort. You can still find pockets of soft snow and if you hit it at the right time the spring snow is fun to ski! Get the timing wrong and it can be frozen crud, breakable crust or heavy slush. All very challenging in it's own way!

Photos for today will be posted shortly in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Just look at the first photos in the album as the newest ones are up first. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow we are off on another big day. Sorry group is full.

Hope all those out right now are having as much fun as we are and remember the Waterslide is open!! Very Happy
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thursday 16 March. Blue Sky, Untracked Spring Snow, almost a complete mountain valley just for us! Amazing! Just what we wanted!

Headed back over to La Plagne again today hoping to find more untouched spots and it did not disappoint.

The queues getting to the Bellecote everywhere were crazy today. Not sure why, they just were. With loads of groups also heading up top it took over an hour and half to get to the top of the Bellecote.

Once on the glacier we headed up the chair and onto the ridge then all the way back to the bus stop in the Nancoix valley and back to Les Arcs with some great untracked spring snow and few people around.

Another great day! I will try and post the photos later. But it might not be until tomorrow in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Got things to do tomorrow so not riding. Hope the rain does not come as predicted in a few days. Still some great spring snow out there to ride! Very Happy
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't see a way to subscribe to the thread without leaving a replay so I'll just say...
Hello, I'm coming to Les Arcs for four day's skiing April 8-11. We've never been there before so will be reading this thread with interest.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Making a long overdue return to Les Arcs 1st - 8th April. It's over 14 years since my last visit, that time with the lads, this time with the whole family in tow. Should be a slightly different experience!
We're staying in 1950 and the kids are looking forward to ski school. They've done a couple of days in Scotland and a couple of lessons at the dome so I'm sure a solid week skiing will bring them on a huge amount.

The forecasts seem rather inconsistent, with some chance of new snow this weekend. It appears above 1800 the snow is holding up in spring conditions, but if anyone out there can provide an update in the next few days that would be appreciated as snow conditions will determine whether I ski or board for the week.

cheers
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy