Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to alps - stops en-route

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@AndAnotherThing.., Hotel de la Paix in Beaune. http://www.qualys-hotel.com/hotel/france/bourgogne/beaune/de-la-paix?gclid=CjwKEAjw8bO3BRDp0bP_vL-7_lASJACL_d6wKAiWwmiN_MFMwv5RBdEr-ohWe8bY83fTVPaVwsYXfhoCfJvw_wcB
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hells Bells, cheers Smile
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A long time since the last post, but a new season coming up. We travelled down on Sunday this week, which is always awkward, as a lot of our favourites have a closed restaurant. We found a new addition to our list in the Hotel Relais de Fleurettes in Pontavert, just North of Reims on the Chemin des Dames. http://relais-de-fleurette.fr/. Nice room (it was in fact a family suite with separate room with folding sofa bed) overlooking the courtyard garden, and a pleasant meal in the restaurant, which was quite busy for a Sunday evening. They do these suites for up to 6 people if necessary, ideal for the larger family, and we had a great breakfast too. It also has a spa with pool.
The only downside to this hotel would be that you are North of the Reims toll booths if you are hoping for a quick exit on a peak weekend.
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.aupredumoulin.fr/en/

Just south of Reims. 15 mins off the motorway. It's a farmhouse in a very quiet village. Very safe parking. Lovely rooms. Delightful host, plus she will cook you a superb dinner. I just hope it's not full of snowheads next time I try to book.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Based on the recommendation of @jbob last year, I have stayed at the above twice. It is our official half way to and from Chamonix stop off place. Back in early January. Valerie the boss is fantastic.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for hotel ibis styles beaune here. Family room spot on for about £100
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about the Maison Olivier LeFlaive in Puligny Montrachet ... have the 9 wine tasting menu in a boutique hotel in the heart of one of the most famous wine village, 5 minutes from the Beaune exit. We stayed there a few weeks ago thought it was great, and made note to self that it would make a great, if not stylish stop off on the way to the Alps. The receptionist said that the are closed in January, but when they reopen in February they have plenty of skiers stopping over.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We always stop by the Macon Nord payage - just north of Lyon - there's a F1 and an Ibis budget within sight of the motorway and a truckers restaurant opposite with a bar serving good value meals (although I may have read somewhere this has now closed). Within 5 mins drives there also a large shopping centre and restaurants where we always stock up on food when we're self catering before driving on to the Alps.

From there the following morning we can usually get to resort by lunch time the next day.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drove down to the mountains last month and stopped in Troyes at the Hôtel du cirque Troyes centre historique - found it on Booking.com at £51, extra £7 for parking which is in their secure gated car park (they have some lock-up parking bays for extra security), and another £7 if you want breakfast - which is typical continental style fare but the croissants and pain-au-chocolat were good and plentiful and we stocked up with some for the road so great value in my opinion. We paid an extra £5 as we were taking the dog with us. Booked it both out and back. Rooms were absolutely fine, bathrooms maybe a bit pokey but perfectly functional with nice power showers for freshening up.
On the way out the room was a double, on the way back for the same price they put us in a "family room" with two decent bedrooms - one double and one twin room.
They don't speak much English but are friendly enough and obviously used to bumbling Brits like ourselves so no problems at all.
There's a really nice restaurant in the town centre about 10 mins walk away called L'Illustre which is also dog friendly - myself and my girlfriend ate there on both ends of our ski trip and enjoyed it both times. Two course meal with drinks will set you back between €20 to €35 a head. There's actually a comment on the Booking.com site saying you can reserve a table at the restaurant via the hotel when you book the room - I didn't spot it when I booked, just found it through Tripadvisor as it is one of the best reviewed in the town and close by. Often these "bundle" deals are a bit of a con maybe for a restaurant that is flagging but I'd say not in this case.
There are a few supermarkets in Troyes so you can stock up if you are self-catering.
Am looking for a last minute deal for this coming weekend and will definitely consider stopping here again if that pans out and they have availability.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dijon is wonderful.
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy